MONDAY, JUNE 5 & TUESDAY, JUNE 6
Sessions on Monday and Tuesday allow you to connect with fellow educators and explore topics most relevant and inspiring to your work. Over the course of the two days, Ed-Talks and Colleague Circles bring everyone together to share perspectives and build a network of support. Among these sessions, attendees have the choice and flexibility to attend Breakout Sessions to learn about actionable tools for their classroom.
More on each session type:
Four of your fellow educators will take the stage to share their unique perspectives on education. Check out previous Ed-Talks HERE.
Connect with educators from across the region during three successive sessions, where we will guide you and your group through a discussion on a common problem of practice.
Learn with local and visiting presenters about tools and practices to use in your work.
• Choose the sessions you want to attend – you are not required to register for individual sessions in advance.
• Sessions will occur during four slots, between 1.5 and 2 hours in duration.
• Prior to the Summit, registrants will receive a full list of sessions. Here are some highlights:
• Student Agency & Personalized Learning: Student Panel
• Executive Functioning
• Get Present! The Science & Application of Mindful Awareness
• Move It! Move It! (in the classroom)
• Adolescent RISE
• Teaching Philosophy/Classroom Management with Jody Janati
• Teach and Retire Rich
Graduate credit or continuing education units available for attendees. For details, visit our Continuing Education page.
Program Schedule & Highlights
A full program will be available the week prior to the Summit. Here’s a broad outline of each day:
Monday, June 5
- Check-in & Breakfast – 7:30-8:45A
- Sessions – 9:00A-4:30P (including lunch)
- Rural Advocacy Reception 4:30P-6:00P For more information and to register for this special event, click HERE.
Tuesday, June 6
- Breakfast – 7:30-8:15A
- Sessions – 8:30A-3:30P (including lunch)
- FLC Graduate Program Poster Session 11:30A-1:00P Grab some lunch and stop by the poster session to learn more about the innovative studies completed by students in the Teacher Leadership program at FLC.
- Educator Shark Tank is BACK! 3:30-5:00P For the second year, contestants will “pitch” their best idea from their classrooms and you’ll determine who sinks or swims. Raffle prizes for audience members! And drinks and appetizers!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7
Family Day – Click HERE for more information.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS!
Click HERE for previous year programs.